1. Q: How is Rice Vinegar made?
A: All of our products are made with real, whole grain rice and are naturally brewed in the traditional Mizkan manufacturing process that began in Japan more than 200 years ago.
2. Q. What is the difference between Rice Vinegar and Seasoned Rice Vinegar?
A. Mitsukan® all natural Rice Vinegar is unsweetened with no sodium and is to be used in a variety of recipes. Mitsukan ® all natural Seasoned Rice Vinegar is lightly sweetened and lightly salted.
3. Q: Are Mitsukan® products gluten free?
A: Yes, Mitsukan Rice Vinegar, Seasoned Rice Vinegar and Mirin ARE gluten free. Mitsukan Ponzu is NOT gluten free.
4. Q: How do I use Mitsukan® products?
A: There are different uses for different Mitsukan products. Please visit our product pages to learn more about usage of specific Mitsukan products or explore our Mitsukan recipes.
5. Q: Do I need to refrigerate the products after opening?
A: For optimal flavor and shelf life, refrigerate after opening.
6. Q: What is the shelf life for Mitsukan products?
A: Rice Vinegar has a shelf life of two years. Seasoned Rice Vinegar, Mirin Seasoning, and Ponzu have a one-year shelf life.
7. Q: Where can I find Mitsukan products?
A: Please visit the Store Locator page to find out the stores near you that carry our products. This product is normally found in the Asian section of your supermarket.