Effective Date: January 1, 2020
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
(A) Identifiers (yes)
A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
(B) Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)) (yes)
A name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
(C) Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law (yes)
Race, color, age (40 years and older), ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information.
(D) Commercial information (yes)
Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
(E) Biometric information (no)
Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
(F) Internet or other electronic network activity information (yes)
Browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
(G) Geolocation data (yes)
Physical location and/or movements.
(H) Sensory data (no)
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
(I) Professional or employment-related information (yes)
Current and/or past employment history including performance evaluations.
(J) Non-public education information (as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99)) (no)
Education records, files, documents, and other materials directly related to a student maintained by an educational agency or institution or by a person acting for such an agency or institution, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
(K) Inferences drawn from other personal information (no)
Information used to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
SOURCES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information.
- Information excluded from the CCPA’s scope, like:
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data;
- Personal information covered by certain sector-specific privacy laws, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FRCA), the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) or California Financial Information Privacy Act (FIPA), and the Driver’s Privacy Protection Act of 1994.
We obtain/obtained the personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, from forms you complete or information you provide in the course of the services we provide you, such as subscription to our e-newsletters, calendar notifications, participation in a promotion, submissions through our company’s website portals [www.mizkan.com, www.Bertolli.com, www.Ragu.com, www.hollandhouseflavors.com, www.naturesintentvinegars.com, www.nakanoflavors.com, www.mizkanflavors.com, www.farmtoforksauce.com, www.riolunaorganic.com, www.balsamic.kitchen, www.vinegartips.com] or making an inquiry with our consumer care representatives.
- Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our Sites including website usage details collected automatically or through the process of processing sales and/or providing services.
- Directly or indirectly from activity on our websites www.mizkan.com, www.Bertolli.com, www.Ragu.com, www.hollandhouseflavors.com, www.naturesintentvinegars.com, www.nakanoflavors.com, www.mizkanflavors.com, www.farmtoforksauce.com, www.riolunaorganic.com, www.balsamic.kitchen, www.vinegartips.com, for examples from submissions through our website portal and/or website usage details collected automatically.
- From third-parties that interact with us in connection with the products and/or services we provide.
- Through tracking technologies when you access our website, including cookies, Web beacons, embedded scripts, browser fingerprinting, ETags or Entity Tags, recognition technologies, and location identifying technologies.
- From third parties, such as public databases, commercial data suppliers, or others acting on our behalf to carry out our business purpose.
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use the categories of personal information that we collect from consumers for the following business and commercial purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask questions about our products or services or to request a price quote, we will use that personal information to respond to your inquiry. If you provide your personal information to purchase a product or service, we will use that information to process your payment and facilitate delivery. We may also save your personal information to facilitate new product or service orders or to process returns.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, or which are part of a program you have joined or a purchase you have made.
- To send you relevant administration information regarding our site and to provide, support, personalize, and develop our websites (www.mizkan.com, www.Bertolli.com, www.Ragu.com, www.hollandhouseflavors.com, www.naturesintentvinegars.com, www.nakanoflavors.com, www.mizkanflavors.com, www.farmtoforksauce.com, www.riolunaorganic.com, www.balsamic.kitchen, www.vinegartips.com), products, and services.
- To create, maintain, customize, and secure you’re account with us.
- To process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments, and to prevent transaction fraud.
- To provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns, and to monitor and improve our response.
- To personalize your website experience and to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our website, third-party websites, and via electronic mail and/or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
- To supply you with newsletters, promotional emails and special features about us and our partners, product information, event-related news and surveys and sample and to provide you with alerts or other notices via electronic mail and/or text messages concerning our products, services, events, or news that may be of interest to you.
- To communicate with you about our sweepstakes, contests, loyalty and rewards programs, coupons, rebates, premiums and other promotions which you have entered or joined or for which you have requested information, including for the purpose of notifying you if you win;
- To identify your consumer review on our Sites, if you provide your information for disclosure;
- To help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of our website, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business and to detect, investigate and prevent activities that may violate the law or our policies;
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products and services.
- To respond to law enforcement or government requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or local, state, or federal government regulations.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our clients, or others.
- To evaluate or conduct a merger, acquisition, sale, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, or the potential thereof, including with our successors in business and purchasers of Site assets, or with our parent, subsidiary or affiliate companies for corporate reporting.
- To process your registration with any of the our services, including verifying your information is active and valid.
- To contact you with regard to your use of any of our] services and, in our discretion, changes to the any of our services and/or any of our services’ policies.
- For internal business purposes.
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA.
- To otherwise maintain and optimize the online services our Sites provide to you.
THIRD PARTIES WITH WHOM WE SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to both keep that personal information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
In the preceding twelve (12) months, we may have disclosed the following categories of personal information the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purpose:
- Category A: Identifiers.
- Category B: California Customer Records personal information categories.
- Category C: Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.
- Category D: Commercial information.
- Category F: Internet or other similar network activity.
- Category G: Geolocation data.
- Category K: Inferences drawn from other personal information.
We share/have shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- Our subsidiaries or affiliates.
- Service providers.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
- When you interact with third-party content on our Sites.
- To advertising or social media networks to direct content to you.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
The CCPA provides consumers (California residents) with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Know
You have the right to request that we disclose to you personal information we collect, use, disclose, or sell about you.
You can visit our website privacy@Mizkan.com or call 847/590-0059 x-1384 to make a disclosure request. You may make up to two requests in any 12 month period.
We do not sell your personal information.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you.
Right to Request Deletion
You have the right to request that we delete your personal information. You may make such a request by contacting us a privacy@Mizkan.com or call 847/590-0059 x-1384.
EXERCISING ACCESS, DATA PORTABILITY, AND DELETION RIGHTS
To exercise the access, data portability, and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by either:
- Calling us at 847/590-0059 x-1384
- Emailing privacy@Mizkan.com
Only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
RESPONSE TIMING AND FORMAT
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or service.
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, to which we shall respond to the extent required by the Code, send us correspondence with your name, postal address and email, referencing “California Privacy Rights – Shine the Light Law,” via any of the methods provided at Contact Us.
CHANGES TO OUR CA PRIVACY NOTICE
Phone: Call 847/590-0059 x-1384